How May I Help You?

Monday, February 13, 2023

LOVE - THE DOVE

I nurtured a dove
Whom I named love
For quite a while
She was a selenophile
Love gazed at the moon
As it made her swoon 
Her gorgeous ruffles shone bright
In the night light
Love was a delight
I wanted to keep her safe
In my embrace
Forever, I recall
Little did I know
Forever was an illusion
Flying high and free was her decision
She was a queen
Of everyone's dream
But all she wanted was to fly and never look back
I was sad, taken aback
As she whispered her wishes 
To my face
My heart sank 
As I drank
the pain away
accepting her way
to let her sway
and off she went
Her wings spread like a tent
looking like a star
While I wonder
If she'll ever come back
I know she will never
I can't let go, however
I wish for her peace and happiness
Knowing she will win over the world with her finesse
Even though I and LOVE Part ways
She'll own my heart always 
💜🙏🏻
                                                ~Airene




Love The Dove is a poem that I whipped out of nowhere while I was having flashbacks of my teenage days and dreams. Wanted to keep it etched here as well. Hope you enjoyed reading the poem.

2 comments:

Hey, what's up? What do you think about this post? <3