How May I Help You?

Monday, May 17, 2021

The Feeling Of Falling 💖

 "Hey Monkey" You heard him call out your name from a distance.

"You idiot, you're late again" You yelled at your best friend.

Both of you have been best friends since kindergarten and you have basically spent your entire lives together. But, there's something about him that you find different these days.

Maybe, you started seeing him in a different light, maybe he is becoming more than just a best friend to you!

Well, he liked you since you were a kid and he was very clear about it. Now, you are having the same feelings about him too, but you got worried.

You hung out all the time and both of you were very clear of your hearts. But, there's something that kept stopping you!

"Well, what's the problem? I mean you guys are together for your entire lives. He has liked you since forever and now you like him back too. Isn't that a good thing? " Your sister asked.

"No! It isn't. I'm just too scarred and scared to fall in love and I'm afraid I'll hurt him. His smile will fade away if he sees me like that again" You replied with a sigh!

"What makes you think so? Isn't this worth taking a risk?"

"No sis, not again! I'm just too broken"

"Can he not fix you?"

"He practically saved my life and was there for me throughout everything. Nobody but I can fix myself and I'm afraid it'd take a long time"

"What's so wrong about falling in love? It's a beautiful feeling!"

"Yes, it is beautiful. The feeling of falling is beautiful. You know it's okay when you're just falling, it's okay when the other one is falling too. The moment your love is reciprocated is when things start to go wrong. You build up expectations, even though you say you won't. It just comes naturally. We cannot do anything about it. They don't live up to your expectations, you don't live up to their expectations, your wounds become fresh and you start bleeding again. It will destroy you over and over again if you don't fix yourself" you replied.

"Hmm, what now?!"

"Nothing. Things will go like the way they are"

"So, you're going to bottle up your feelings again?"

"Um, yes, pretty much, and keep being the best friend that I'm"

"It won't hurt you?"

"No, it won't. Rather, it makes me happy. Just being with him makes me happy and I've absolutely no regrets" you said with a big, happy grin, but the pain was invincible in your eyes, in your smile.

"Well, it's your life, but what if he moves on?" Your sister asked, rather concerned.

"I'm hoping he would. He's the best and he deserves to be loved by someone who can give him the world and that isn't me"

Your phone beeped right at that moment!

He texted you

"I'm downstairs. Open up. I got beer and chicken"

You smiled and ran downstairs. Nothing beats the combination of beer and chicken. It's your favorite.

"Why the sudden appearance, idiot?" You asked him.

"I was missing you and I wanted to sit under the sky with you," he said looking straight into your eyes.

You just stood there and smiled. This feeling that you were feeling confused you on how to react.

"What? I didn't ask you to say it back. Now, will you please help me with these bags? Stop being such a princess. Do some work you lazy ass" he screamed being the smug he is.

You hurriedly took the bags and climbed up the stairs to your terrace.

This was your happy place. Well, to be honest, this was your comfort place. Whenever things got crazy, you came up here with him, sat on the edge, sipped on a bottle of beer, and feasted on some chicken.

Today was the same. You sat there with him, let the cool breeze brush through the strands of your hair, and the music fades away in the background. With the bottle of beer in your hand, you caught a glimpse of his face in the moonlight and felt a sense of peace. You thought "Well, I love him" to yourself and he caught you staring.

You looked away and smiled.

"So, this is how it goes?" He asked.

"Maybe," you replied with your legs dangling on the edge and smiling.

You don't know what the future holds for you, but all you know that this very moment is all the happiness and peace you could ask for.

Image Source: Pinterest


Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Characters, businesses, events, and incidents are the products of the author’s imagination. Any resemblance to actual people, living or dead, or actual events are purely coincidental.

13 comments:

  1. Scarred and scared, the heart still cared.
    The world is big and so is her stare.
    You are special, I couldn't compare.
    I just wanted to make you aware.
    Walk carefully there are stairs, if you fall, I'd fall into despair.
    My love for you is out of this world, but all you did was stare.


    Hey Airene, lovely story.
    Actually, it tempted me to write something I don't know at the moment. So yeah, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Naved,

      This is beautiful! Thank you for reading 😊

      Delete
  2. So beautiful! Some stories have endings that seem to sad but probably that's the only right thing to be done even if it's sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes unfinished endings say a lot. Glad you liked it! 💜

      Delete
  3. Loved it....it felt so real and relatable....but sometimes unfinished endings are better than a happy ending

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Thank you for reading! Love you 💜💜

      Delete
  4. Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... It's beautiful....❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too late to read it. Lekin, I absolutely love everything here ❤🥺 This is so beautiful ❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. "So, this is how it goes?" He asked.

    "Definitely, maybe!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone has their own story.

    But you know how to give them a new identity. :)

    Life goes on Airene 😊

    ReplyDelete

Hey, what's up? What do you think about this post? <3